Among its various projects, the company is now engaged in farming of boer goats for meat and breeding purpose in salyan district. The project is thereby initiating the concept of contact farming with the local community.
1. Establishment of Boer Goats Breeding Farm and Commercial Production of Meat Goat through Collaboration with local community.
2. To support income generation of the distressed women, farmers, return migrant worker by supplying them improved kids and for raising along with technical backstopping for their meat goat production.
3. Targeting production of 500 meat goats by contact farming after 2nd year and 3500 meat goat per year after till 5th year of incorporation and 7500 meat goat per year after 5th year.
4. To support market linkage of small-scale goat rearing farmer by doing an agreement of minimum supportive price.
5. To raise nutritional status through goat rearing and increase supply of animal protein.
6. To develop saving habit of the beneficiaries by tying up with co-operatives.
7. To deliver training regarding boer goat production and delivery of new husbandry tool for its stakeholder and public.
Training and Research
Marketing and brand making
Forage and fodder resource center
Veterinary service regarding disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
Linking for Environment and Social Safeguard
Feed formulation feeding scheduling and supply chain.
Production and productivity enhancement
Future planning of slaughterhouse
The Farm seats on initially 75 Ropanies land for infrastructure development and instant forage and fodder grass will be developed in 1st phase. The farm will take land on lease for the forage and fodder grass cultivation. Further land will be acquired gradually. A total 500 Doeling goats will raised in 1st year among them 250 goat will placed in Sept-Oct 2020 on own farm and another 125 Goat will lodged in March-April 2021. Cultivation of summer perennial forage grasses (Napier, Molato, Paspalum, Teosenti) is being initiated (July-Aug 2020) around in 10 Ropanies in 1st phase and then after remaining land will be cultivated by transferring previously raised summer grass of Poaceae families which will produce all over the months except Jan-Feb. Winter grasses like Common Vetch, Berseeem, Oats, white clover. Other perennial grass such as rye grass sentro will be cultivated. Small fodder tree such as Badame, Epil epil, Kimbu, Bedulo etc and bigger fodder tree Tanki, Bakaino, Bhimal,Badahar, kumero, pakhuri etc will be established in marginal area of land.
1. Production of 21,155 Goats ie 528.87 Metric ton live weight of goat (Avg 25kg) with in the project period among them half of male having at least 50% Boer Blood will be distributed for improvement of productivity of local goats is a major outcome of this project.
2. Breed upgrade can be achieved by collaboration with local Rural Municipality or other authorized center of breeding division of Government of Nepal.
3. Health inspection and pedigree certificate will be issued along with tag identification of each Boer Buck and Goat.
4. Unemployed youth will be grouped for Boer goat farming and each group will tie-up with Goat co-operative for their project financing and economic facilitation.
5. Training for goat group will be conducted for mutual benefit and collaboration with Veterinary unit of local Rural Municipality will be carried out.
6. Supplying of Boer Goat kids for farmer (unemployed youth) and women for transformation to commercial Boer goat farming is a characteristic feature of this project.
7. Project will support single women, Dalit, Janajati and low economic farmers by intervening their meat goat farming patterns by improving existing productivity of small-scale goat rearing to commercial farming.
8. Another outcome of this project is to enhance nutritional status of project implementing district by increasing purchasing power of farmers and through increasing meat goat ie supply of animal protein.
9. Saving habit of the beneficiaries will be enhanced by creating awareness and accessibility saving co-operatives.
10. Project will deliver new husbandry tool for its stakeholder and public.